Dr. S.Thirupparkadal Nambi
Ph.D, Management, Anna University Chennai, 2014
M.B.A, Bharathidasan University, Thiruchirappali, 2009
M.Phil, Computer Science, Bharathidasan University, Thiruchirappali, 2006
M.C.A, Computer Applications, Bharathidasan University, Thiruchirappali, 2006
M.Sc, Physics, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, 1986
B.Sc, Physics, St.Johns College, Palayamkottai, 1984
Professor, D.J.Acadmy for Managerial Excellence, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu (2014- till date)
Associate Professor, Guruvayurappan Institute of Management, Coimbatore (1996-2014)
Programme Coordinator, Matrix Information Systems, Chennai (1991-1995)
Excecutive, Informatics Computer Systems, Chennai (1988-1991)
Subha MV & Thirupparkadal Nambi. S (2008), “Stock Market Trend Prediction and Market Efficiency Using First Order Markov Chain Model” in Management Science and Practice, Allied Publishers Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi, 2008.
- Subha MV & Thirupparkadal Nambi. S 2009, ‘Systems Approach to Problem solving – a Managerial Perspective’, Organisational Management, vol. XXV, no.1, pp. 21-24.
- Subha MV & Thirupparkadal Nambi. S 2009, ‘A study on Share Market Trend Prediction using Markov Chain Model’, SNS Journal of Finance, Vol 1. Issue 2, pp. 15-21.
- Subha MV & Thirupparkadal Nambi, S 2010, ‘A study on cointegration between Indian and American Stock Markets’, Journal of contemporary Research in Management, Vol. 5, No1, pp.105-113.
- Thirupparkadal Nambi, S & Subha, MV 2010, ‘Data Mining Financial Time Series with K-Nearest Neighbours Predictive Model’, CIIT International Journal of Data Mining and Knowledge Engineering. vol. 2, no. 8, pp.208-213.
- A Book Review on “The Power of Humour at the Workplace” by K.Satyanarayana, Respose Books, Books from SAGE, New Delhi -2007 in GIM Journal of Management(ISSN 0974-0708), July – Dec 2009.Vol. 4, No.2, pp.76-77.
- Vasanthi. S, Subha. MV & Thirupparkadal Nambi. S 2011, ‘An Empirical Study on Stock Index Trend Prediction using Markov Chain Analysis’, Journal of Banking Financial Services and Insurance Research, Vol.1, Issue 1, pp.72-91. (online: http://skirec.com/Jbfsir-Volume-1-Issue-1-apr-2011.html)
- Subha. MV & Thirupparkadal Nambi, 2011, ‘A Data Mining Approach to Stock Market Analysis-Classification using Decision Tree’, Journal of Emerging Financial Markets, vol. 2, no. 2,pp.51-61.
- Subha. MV & Thirupparkadal Nambi. S 2012, ‘Business Intelligence – A Competitive tool for Corporate’, Organisational Management, vol. XXVIII, no.1, pp.27-29.
- A Book Review on “Steve Jobs” by Walter Issacson, Hachette India, 20011 in GIM Journal of Management(ISSN 0974-0708), July – Dec 2012.Vol. 2, No.2, pp. 60-61.
- Subha. MV & Thirupparkadal Nambi. S 2012, ‘Classification of Stock Index Movement using k-NN algorithm’, WSEAS Transactions on Information Science and Applications. (Online: http://www. wseas.org/ multimedia/ journals/ information/2012/55-471.pdf), no. 9, vol. 9, pp.261-270
- Subha. MV & Thirupparkadal Nambi. S 2013, ‘Investigating causal relationship between Indian and American Stock Markets’, Life Science Journal, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 97-101
- Subha. MV & Thirupparkadal Nambi. S 2014, ‘Trend prediction of Indian Stock Market – A Neural Network Approach’ Proceedings of a One day National Conference on “Reinvigoration of Managerial Practices among Indian Companies for sustainable growth of Indian Economy” held on 25th September 2014, Karpagam University, Coimbatore.
- Monisha. B & Thirupparkadal Nambi. S ‘An Empirical Study on Seasonality of in Indian Stock Market” 2016, Management Wisdom, Saraswathi Thiyagaraja College, Pollachi.
- Thirupparkadal Nambi et al, ‘Improving Stock Index Predictability of Machine Learning Algorithms with Global Cues’ 2016, Asian Journal of Information Technology, Vol.15, no 2
- Thirupparkadal Nambi et al. “A Data Envelopment Analysis Approach to Performance Efficiency of Intellectual Capital – Case of Titan Company Limited.” SDMIMD Journal of Management, Volume 9, Issue 1, March 2018
Conferences and Papers
- “Systems Approach – A Versatile and Evergreen Concept”, National Seminar on Transitio-Enduring Theories and Timeless Concepts, 21-22 Oct., 2005, ICFAI National College, Coimbatore.
- “Stock Market Analysis using First Order Markov Chain Model”, Second National Conference on “Management Science and Practice” jointly organised by Operations Research Society of India (ORSI), Ahmedabad, IIM- Ahmedabad, and IIT Chennai, on March 9-11, at IIT Chennai.
- “Business Intelligence- A Tool for Competitive Advantage”, International Conference on Global Business Strategy in Competitive Environment”, 21 – 22 September 2007, Sri Sai Ram Institute of Management Studies, Sri Sai Ram Engineering College, Chennai.
- “Stock Index Trend Prediction using First Order Markov Chain Analysis”, International Conference on Emerging Financial Markets, 26-28 Dec. 2007, PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore.
- “A Study on the Cointegration between Indian with American Stock Markets”, Sixth National Conference on Business Research, 20 – 21 November 2009, PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore.
- “A Study of Seasonality of Indian Stock Markets”, National Conference on Indian Business Research, 24th May, 2010, Sri Ramakrishna Institute of Technology, Coimbatore.
- “Data Mining the Financial Time Series with K-Nearest Neighbors Predictive Model”, 1st Internal Conference on Intelligent Information Systems and Management, 10th-12th June, 2010, RVS College of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore.
- “A Data Mining Approach to Stock Market Analysis”, 4th International Conference on Emerging Financial Markets held 0n 29th 2011 at PSG Institute of Management.
- “A Study on Causal Relationship between Indian and American Stock Markets”, Seventh National Conference on Business Research-2012, PSGIM, 23-24 Nov. 2012.
- “Stock Index Trend Prediction using Support Vector Machines” 5th International Conference on Emerging Financial Markets, 27-28 Dec. 2012, PSGIM, Coimbatore (bagged the Best paper award)
- “Association Rule Mining using Apriori Algorithm”, 1st International Conference on Business Analytics and Intelligence, 11-13 Dec, 2013, Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore.
- Presented a paper titled “Trend Prediction of Indian Stock Market – A Neutral Network Approach” in a One day National Conference on Reinvigoration of Management Practices among Indian Companies for Sustainable Growth of Indian Economy held on 25.09.14 at Karpagam University.
- Presented a paper titled “Improving Stock Index Predictability of Machine Learning Algorithms using Global Cues” in the 3rd International Conference on Business Analytics and Intelligence held at IIM Bangalore during 17–19 Dec 2015.
- Paper titled “Measuring Efficiency and Predictability of Stock Markets using Time Varying Hurst Components.” to the International Conference on Financial Markets and Corporate Finance” organized by Dept. of Management Studies, IIT Chennai held on 12-13 August 2016.
- Paper titled “Pattern Recognition for Stock Index Prediction Using Apriori Algorithm – The Case of NSE NIFTY” to be presented at National Conference on Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence on 27th and 28th of Aug. 2018 organized by the department of Computing, Coimbatore Institute of Technology in association with DCAL, IIMB and Analytics Society of India.
- Presented a paper titled ‘Predictability of Global Stock Markets – A Neutral Net Analytics’ at the National Conference on Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence organised by Coimbatore Institute of Technology in association with IIM Bangalore during 26.08.2019 to 27.08.2019.
Dr.S.T.Nambi is working with DJAME since August 2014. He holds a doctorate degree from Anna University, Chennai. His doctoral thesis titled ‘An Empirical Investigation on Predictability of Indian and Global Stock Indices – A Data Mining Approach,’ is an application of soft computing on stock market analysis. He is a UGC NET qualified teacher with a deep passion and commitment toward teaching.
He has seven years of industrial experience and about two decades of MBA teaching experience. He taught diverse courses such as Management Information Systems, E-Commerce, Software Project Management, Supply Chain Management, Entrepreneurship Development, Research Methods, Equity Research and Portfolio Management, International Financial Management, Quantitative Techniques etc. His areas of interest include Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, Equity Research and Portfolio Management, Data Analytics, Decision Science, Strategic Applications of IT in business etc. He has conducted many FDPs and MDPs and student development programs.
He is an avid researcher with a flair for presentations and publications. He has made many paper presentations at various national and international conferences held at forums of repute including IITs, IIMs. He has also published many papers in various national and peer-reviewed international journals. He reveres the tremendous responsibility of teachers in molding students into employable and responsible global citizens. He strives for all-round development of students, fostering the entrepreneurial spirit among the MBA aspirants.